Wednesday, May 19, 2004

RSS

A little while ago I was turned on to RSS readers. I wasn't sure of why it was valuable to me, but I decided to download a couple and try them out. After trying a couple I ended up using SharpReader. At first I had the impression that it was an abbreviated way to review the various news sites and blogs I started reading. I found that this resulted in my saving a lot of time just looking at the same websites each day. Over time what I found that was even cooler was that it essentially allows me to archive old articles which is really cool if you are traveling etc. and it also gives you a method of searching through a large chunk of information if you are looking for articles on specific subjects.

I think that the use of these RSS readers and the eventual ability to parse through articles and sites using something like Blogpulse will start to make blogs much more useful.

No comments: